Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring=Yellow

It's already heating up here, mixed in with some frigid (for me) days in the 60s, so I'm making spring and summer tops right now. And really, who doesn't enjoy making yellow tops when it is still slightly grey outside? This is New Look 6179, made with a poly chiffon from Jo-Ann's. I bought this fabric last summer; for weeks, every time I went to Jo-Ann's I'd come across this fabric and think it was pretty. It finally went on the clearance rack (crazy!) and so I bought three or four yards. So glad I did--the shirt turned out really well and I still have enough leftover to make a nice summer dress that I might actually wear.

Sweet and simple.


Detail of the fabric--it has brown, dark grey, light grey, red, green, and blue in it. Hard to believe all those would look good together, but it works out nicely.

No comments: