Tuesday, December 4, 2007

More Lotta

I know, I've already copied one of her bags, so I should leave the others alone. But I can only find the Smyca bag in purple, which I'm not crazy about. So why not make my own? I've seen this style bag around, and I even have a similar bag from H&M, so I don't think it would be too difficult. I like the minimalist fabric LJ used, but I almost think the bag is simple enough that a busier pattern would also work. Even a light cotton print, if reinforced, would probably make a really fun spring or fall bag. Maybe this "apricot" print, with green edging?


Kitchen Floral Apricot, by Robert Kaufman

And for the interior of the bag--this green polka dot pattern? The outside is so busy, that I think something calmer would work for the inside. Plus, I'm also a sucker for green and yellow together--I think it comes from reading Strawberry Shortcake books when I was growing up. Didn't Lemon Meringue always wear yellow and green?

Pop Parade, by Metro for P & B

No comments: